The ProFundCom team has curated the best events, opinions, insights and resources relating to digital marketing from the previous month as well as looking forwards to the month ahead. The team not only look to bring you the best articles for investment managers and hedge funds but also articles, in general, that marketers find useful.
Post of the Month
REPLAY::Five Ways to Improve Attendance at Your Next Virtual Event
Like any other industry, financial services events are all now turning to digital – whether it be a meet the manager, roundtable or breakfast briefing. The savvy know not to just rely on industry-organised events and are turning to scheduling their own internal virtual events that will help them to educate their investors and in turn, build trust and recognition of their funds and brand.
There are pitfalls on the way though – events are truly demanding in terms of time and resource and it can be difficult to quantify how successful they’ve been. And, now that inboxes are swamped with event invitations, it’s just not enough to have a pertinent topic and good speakers.
In this webinar we covered:
• Planning a successful virtual event programme from the ground up
• Pre-event communication – the good, the bad and the ugly
• How to seamlessly manage an event when it goes live
• Metrics and justifying ROI
• Post-event follow up
To access the replay click here
Marketing Week – Marketing budgets slump again as UK enters second Covid wave
The latest IPA Bellwether Report shows small signs of improvement compared to the “nadir for UK marketing budgets” seen during the second quarter, but the devastating effects of Covid-19 continue to be felt across all sectors. Read more
White Marble – 5 tips on how to create great content
Content is king as they say, and most marketers would agree that they are awash with it these days. Yet, there is content, and then there is great content. It has to be memorable and impactful – and that can only happen with the latter. Gabriel Altbach recently shared his recommendations on how to create great content at the Money Management Institute (MMI) Annual Conference, where he kicked off the marketing track. Read more
The ProFundCom Digital Marketing Benchmark provides real-time access to all of ProFundCom’s digital marketing data from over the last 15 years, giving users the ability to compare how their marketing campaigns are performing versus sector peers. Further detail of how other organisations are carrying out similar processes and the associated results are also available. The anonymised data is over 10 terabytes in size (which interestingly is the amount of data produced by the Hubble Space Telescope per year!) and will be split into different industry sectors as well as AuM. Access ProFundCom Benchmarking here
The chart below shows the sentiment across the main financial sectors in October 2020.
- The general trend for October was that there was a significant increase in marketing sentiment for Asset Management, Investment Management and Hedge Funds. This has actually also been reflected in the inflows into Hedge Funds in Q3 2020 and a general rise in AuM in the same period.
- Wealth Management has however seen a huge decrease in positive market sentiment. This has been quite surprising considering how resilient the sector has been during the last few months. Whilst inflows have been increasing, last month saw a number of fines being levied over 1MDB against the backdrop of the US elections and Brexit.
- Sentiment does not appear to be suppressed by the lack of COVID-19 vaccine progress and or by cases increasing globally. The new-normal has definitely taken hold.
- For more detail click here
- The ProFundCom Guide To Effective Thought Leadership Content
- How To Use Automation To Improve The Investor Experience
- Four Digital Marketing Trends That Will Help You To Raise Assets
- How AI Can Shape The Future Of Your Fund Marketing And Help You Boost AuM
Upcoming Online Events
17 – 19 November – DigiMarCon World 2020
DigiMarCon World 2020 Digital Marketing Conference will take place from November 17th to 19th, 2020, online; live and on-demand. This conference is one of the best digital marketing events you can’t afford to miss! Whether your goal is to reinforce customer loyalty, improve lead generation, increase sales, or drive stronger consumer engagement, DigiMarCon World 2020’s agenda will help attendees enhance their marketing efforts. Sessions will focus on building traffic, expanding brand awareness, improving customer service and gaining insight into today’s latest digital tools. Register here
17 November and 24 November – The Association of Investment Marketers – The Induction
The structured days will provide marketers with an insight into the investment market, its products and the client base that influence their work. It focuses on the challenges relating to industry regulation, while also providing an instant peer group of fellow practitioners within the industry. Day One – 17 November: Industry – understand the products and the client base. You will learn and discuss ‘need-to-know’ aspects of the market, regulation, distribution channels. Day Two – 24 November: Marketing – challenging how to effectively communicate with customers and make your content work harder. Register here
If you want to find out how ProFundCom can help you use digital marketing to raise assets schedule a demo here