What is AIFMD?
- Creates a single EU market for funds
- The passport allows funds to be marketed across borders
- Non-EU funds can market into the EU via private placements till 2015
- Non-EU funds can apply for the passports now but not have access till 2015
- Post 2015 AIFMD will create a level-playing field to EU and non-EU funds marketing in the EU
- It is to protect investors in the EU from the JOBS Act in the US
Find out more on the subject on the blog by clicking here.
If you want to find out how ProFundCom can help you use digital marketing to raise assets schedule a demo here