Here is a slightly irreverent look at what the business analysts learnt about email marketing and digital marketing in 2014.
Without wanting you get between Christmas parties and the over-bloated feeling just after the New Years day, here is a very quick summary of what I learnt (along with our 350 users) in 2014.
- Less is more – Have a summary and a call to action
- Mobile – No one reads performance PDFs or reports on small screens
- Branding – Make sure your branding is lower on the email than the first thing on the email
- Salutation – Always have a salutation, especially for investors and warm prospects
- Research – Free research or thought leadership works
- Do not use Social Media
- Do not make offers in your emails (AIFMD)
- Make sure your database is correctly segmented by country at the very least
- Make sure your emails have an unsubscribe
- As far as possible make sure all recipients are opt-in
On social media
- Do not use Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter
Read more about this on our blog
If you want to find out how ProFundCom can help you use digital marketing to raise assets schedule a demo here