ProFundCom Product & Service Notification 29th November 2023
As a user of the ProFundCom platform, we want to notify you that there have been some changes to the platform. We will send these notifications every time there are updates to the platform.
Database Performance Updates
Description: After watching the response time for the application on our internal tests starting to increase, and also seeing our monitoring showing an increase in response time, a review of the infrastructure was undertaken. It was clear that we were seeing a number of peak times during the day where the database instance was under high load. Looking back at the historical monitoring data, there was no significant increase in requests to the database, but more just a constant growth, which was now almost at the point of becoming an issue.
After further investigation, and a few minor tweaks to some tables, indexes, and archiving, the RDS instance was still nearing capacity. Analysing the enhanced monitoring showed that the only current issue was that the RDS instance frequently exceeded its allocated CPU and to cope with the peaks was using burst CPU cycles.
Over the weekend of 14/15th of October, the AWS RDS instance was upgraded. The number of CPUs and allocated memory were doubled. Since the upgrade, the RDS instance monitoring has shown only one occurrence of the CPUs being max’ed and this was during the database backups, which put a large strain on the database. Internal testing and some customer feedback have confirmed that the application is back to running the way it was intended.
In the graph, you can clearly see, the 2-stop upgrade where the DB is failed over to the backup AZ and then upgraded before being failed back again. Now that the instance has 8 vCPU it only exceeded that once during the backups.
Updates to the Event Manager
Section: Event Manager
Description: Here are the latest updates to the ProFundCom Event Manager.
- New ‘Status’ – can be one of ‘Imported’, ‘Invited’, ‘Registered’, ‘Cancelled’, ‘Declined’, ‘Attended’, ‘No-show’. This shows as a column in the Attendees screen.
- ‘Imported’ as a status – someone who’s been added to an event but not yet sent an invite
- ‘Declined’ as a status – similar to ‘cancelled’ but they remain on the event and are still about to receive emails
- Only shows ‘attended’ or ‘no-show’ once the event has ended and at least one attendee has been set to ‘attended’. This stops everyone appearing as ‘no-show’ if they’re not recording attendance.
- Ability to add custom text to Decline & Cancel screens, similar to the before/after registration custom text.
- Template/Schedule ‘type’ is now enforced, it can’t be left blank (although existing ones with the field blank will still work). You can choose to manually enter a custom type.
- Only templates with the same ‘type’ as the schedule can be chosen for a schedule.
- Only templates with the type ‘Invite’ can be selected to send an invite
- Only templates with the type ‘Registered’ can be selected as the registration template
- Order now viewable from the Attendees screen – this shows details of all attendees who were registered at the same time
- Ability to manually ‘upgrade’ an Invited person to a Registered person from the Attendee screen
- Ability to add filters based on attendee data fields, to a Schedule.
- Email history is now stored and option to view email history for an individual or an event as a whole
- Schedules now show when they are sending/sent and live update from the schedule screen
- More warnings about the auto-send being off and what you need to do in order to make a Schedule send.
- Mosaico base template updated to the latest one.
- Registration template editor removed from the Event Customize screen, as it was confusing people whether they were editing that or the Event Description. The Registration Template can be edited from the Templates screen in the normal way
- Option to show cancelled attendees in the attendee list (before they were completely hidden)
- If the Event Description is an imported template, it now displays in an iFrame on the event page, as its CSS was polluting the rest of the page
Updates to Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Email
Description: The regular system emails that report on the impact your marketing is having on AuM will also now include the following charts
Is the distribution group growing
Are the emails convincing
Is the content working
Are people tired of our content
What is the quality of our contact data
It is displayed in the emails, similar to the ProFundCom dashboard