A recent customer satisfaction survey revealed that ProFundCom is highly valued and significantly engaged in providing marketing and sales intelligence services to asset managers and hedge funds as they sell funds into ever-increasingly demanding marketplaces. An outside polling firm conducted an Attitude and Usage Study of Asset Manager Marketing Tools.
The background to this survey was that as we at ProFundCom approach our tenth year of operation, we wanted to learn the extent to which we were still “top of mind” and relevant in this ever-evolving and increasingly competitive fund marketing industry. Our goal was to understand which systems and providers asset manager and hedge funds use, how they use these systems and what specific elements they consider; and how clients identified their needs, perceptions, and satisfaction or dissatisfaction based upon users past experience with providers.
ProFundCom contracted with Vortex Research Linited to conduct a survey in March 2011 to better understand the following
Which marketing intelligence system(s) and providers consumers in the hedge fund and asset management industry use, how they use these systems and what specific elements they consider.
What are consumer needs, perceptions, and satisfaction or dissatisfaction based upon users past experience(s) with providers.
Key findings contained in this recent research included:
- ProFundcom remains “top of mind” with the North American and European managers; we remain well-known and trusted;
- Clients want relavent and targeted prospect information and engagement more than anythingelse. They want to see the details of these, they want lots of them, they want the good and the bad;
- We enjoy a “halo effect” from our brand’s long history, but no single ProFundCom attribute stands out;
- Clients place less value than we might have assumed on information or offerings such as, information about awards/recognition, etc.; and
- Much of the data echoes earlier findings from surveys conducted by us in 2007.