The ProFundCom Foundation is delighted to be supporting Victoria Carroll and Team Tideway Odyssey in the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge 2021.
Victoria and her crewmate Saf Greenwood, will be raising money for their charity partners.
More people have climbed Everest than have rowed the Atlantic which puts this endoevour into sharp focus. Not only that but here are some mind-boggling numbers that Victoria and Saf will be putting themselves through.
- Each team will row in excess of 1.5 million oar strokes over a race.
- Rowers will row for 2 hours, and sleep for 2 hours, constantly, 24 hours a day, for as long as it takes.
- Over € 6million has been raised for charities worldwide over the past 4 races.
- At its deepest, the Atlantic Ocean is 8.5 km/5.28 miles deep.
- The waves the rowers will experience can measure up to 20 ft high.
- Each rower needs to aim to consume 10 litres of water per day.
- Rowers burn in excess of 5,000 calories per day.
- Each rower loses on average 12 kg crossing the Atlantic!
Good Luck from everyone here are ProFundCom