As a user of the ProFundCom platform, we want to notify you that there have been some changes to the platform. We will be sending these notifications every time there are updates to the platform.
Google UTM Codes for ProFundCom Links
Section: Links and Templates
Description: ProFundCom is now integrated with Google Analytics so that digital traffic generated using ProFundCom links will appear in Google Analytics reports.
“UTM” stands for “Urchin tracking module.” UTM codes are added to the end of regular URL’s and are designed to tell Google Analytics (and other analytics tools) a little bit more information about each link and which marketing campaign it relates to. A type of URL tagging, using UTM codes ensure your destination URLs are labelled with specific campaign names when they’re reported in Google Analytics. Put simply, this enables you to break down traffic that’s usually only reported by its source and attribute it to individual emails or paid search campaigns that you’re running.
Here is a quick definition of the UTM terms.
- utm_source This parameter allows you to track the source of your traffic. The sources you could track include Bing, Google, Facebook, Instagram, or other individual sources from your marketing channels.
- utm_medium This parameter tracks what marketing channels your visitors came from. Popular marketing channels include social media, organic search, PPC, email, and affiliates.
- utm_campaign This tracks which marketing efforts or campaigns attracted your visitors to your site.
- utm_content The content parameter is usually optional and only used if you have multiple links that go to the same URL. For instance, you may have two CTAs in one email. The content UTM helps you see the exact link or CTA that was clicked.
- utm_term The term UTM parameter is used to track keyword terms. This parameter is typically used for paid search ads.
This is only available in ProFundCom’s Google Analytics App available in the ProFundCom AppStore.
Email Preview Client Update
Description: As we continue to work to bring you new and updated email preview clients for testing, we are excited to announce that we have added Outlook 2010 Windows 10 Desktop previews to our testing suite.