Here is a slightly irreverent look at what the business analysts learnt about email marketing and digital marketing in 2014.
Without wanting you get between Christmas parties and the over-bloated feeling just after the New Years day, here is a very quick summary of what I learnt (along with our 350 users) in 2014.
In email marketing
- Less is more – Have a summary and a call to action
- Mobile – No one reads performance PDFs or reports on small screens
- Branding – Make sure your branding is lower on the email than the first thing on the email
- Salutation – Always have a salutation, especially for investors and warm prospects
- Research – Free research or thought leadership works
- Do not use Social Media
- Do not make offers in your emails (AIFMD)
- Make sure your database is correctly segmented by country at the very least
- Make sure your emails have an unsubscribe
- As far as possible make sure all recipients are opt-in
On social media
- Do not use Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter
Read more about this on our blog